A cookie is a small text file containing information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes and allows us to analyse our site traffic patterns. It does not contain chocolate chips, you cannot eat it and there is no special hidden jar!
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|We use Google Analytics to understand how our visitors use our website, for the purpose of enhancing our service.
|We use MachForm services to power our web forms.
|This cookie is used to identify the users session as they navigate the website.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies.
The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- (a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- (c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- (d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- (e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- (f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will usually have a negative impact upon the usability of websites – if you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.